There are a range of facilities within a short distance from the Nano Nagle Centre, some of which inlcude:
Places of Worship
- Catholic Parish of St. Thomas the Apostle is a five-minute walk from the Centre on the Cnr of Melville St and College Row.
- Claremont Anglican Church, Cnr Stirling Hwy and Queenslea Drive.
- Claremont Baptist Church, 324A Stirling Highway Claremont.
- Claremont Uniting Church, Cnr Princess and Chester Roads Claremont.
- Claremont Quarter – boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops and general shopping facilities are a seven minute walk. Supermarkets are all within a 5 minute walk.
- Transperth information desk Phone: 13 62 13 (mobile call charges may apply) or visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au.
(Train and bus services are a few minutes walk from the centre)
- Medical- Available at Claremont Quarter
- Dental- Available at Claremont Quarter
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Emergency Dept. is a 10-minute drive from the Nano Nagle Centre.
Nearby the Nano Nagle Centre is the beautiful Lake Claremont. Depending on one’s walking speed, Lake Claremont is about 15 minutes away.
According to the “Friends of Lake Claremont”, the lake is a seasonal lake, a unique biodiversity ‘hotspot’ that hosts wide variety of flora and fauna.
An area of approximately 70 hectares, it is a Conservation Category Wetland and a designated Bush Forever site.
The walking track around the lake is ‘good’ walk.
Also nearby is the magnificent Swan River. Walks are as long as you want them to be, but it takes about 45 minutes to get to the River.